Thursday, March 24, 2016

Stitch Fix #2 - March 2016

After getting my first Stitch Fix back in January and keeping only a pair of jeans, I was excited to receive my second Fix. After all, I'd been hearing that your stylists only get better as time goes on, as they are able to analyze your likes and dislikes and get better at predicting your style.

This was NOT the case this month.

I requested a pair of boyfriend jeans, a pair of non-denim pants, and something girly to wear to my daughter's first birthday (!) tea party. My stylist listened to the words that I said (including the fact that I needed MACHINE WASHABLE clothes), but I still lacked anything that was at all my style.


Loveappella Caly Cold Shoulder Crochet Detail Knit Top, $58, Returned
Uh...what? My stylist, Brianne, suggested this top would be perfect for my daughter's tea party. I don't think so. The whole thing looks too young for me, if not completely "ghetto." I was actually a bit excited to get this top because my sneak peek doesn't really show the cutouts and the colors were way more muted, almost a pastel. This thing shows up bold and bright and hello!!! Returned without a second thought.


 Mavi Elin Button Down Top, $68, Returned
I wanted to like this one. I really did. And for a brief half a second, I thought about keeping it. I love the colors. I love the style. I love the looser cut. I didn't love how it fit me. See that weird bump on my shoulder? It does that every time I put my hands on my hips (which is a lot). But mainly it was the cut of the elbows. I could hardly bend my arms. It fit fine everywhere else, but was super tight around the elbows (I promise I have very skinny arms, ya'll). No matter how much or how little I rolled the sleeves, I couldn't make it work. Sent back. :-(
London Times Rilee Lace Dress, $68, Returned
I really loved how this dress fit me. It was super flattering. You can't really tell from the picture, but the top part is completely see-through. Loved that too. It had a bit of stretch to it, so it was pretty comfortable. Didn't love the lace pattern. It looked like a 1990's tablecloth. And there was a really weird flower applique around the waist that made me feel even more like a third grader.


Margaret M Emer High Waisted Trouser, $98, Returned
Guys. These pants were almost $100. ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS. For that! There is no fly, no pockets, no detailing, nothing. Just a legging made of rayon/poly blend. You remember how you used to shop at like Wet Seal and 579 in high school? And everything was like $10? These pants felt like they came out of one of those stores, but some marketer blew the price up. I couldn't get them off my body fast enough. And they do NOTHING for me. In the end, I suppose I have no one to blame but myself. These technically fulfill my request for "non-denim" pants, but what I was picturing (something like an olive green chino that would pair well with a denim jacket) was not what was delivered.

Kut From the Cloth Kate Distressed Boyfriend Jean, $88, Kept
I practically requested these by name, so I was super jazzed to see them in this fix. Thankfully, they did not disappoint. I love the distressing and the lighter wash. There's a little stretch to them, which helps for when I'm crawling around on the floor with Baby Bear. If I had to complain about one thing, it's that the waist does seem a little big at times and kinda sags when I crouch down, but I have this problem with practically every pair of jeans out there, so I chose to ignore it.

All in all, I have been telling myself I need to fill out my jean collection (There is a pair of maternity jeans in my regular rotation!), so I can't consider these two fixes a bust. I just hope that eventually I don't hit a wall once I have a closet full of pants but can't bring myself to spend $50 on a top.

No comments:

Post a Comment